Download Press Accreditation Application Form
The processing of with temporary or yearly press accreditation pass/card costs US$50.00 or its kwacha equivalent, per person. When applying for press accreditation pass/card the applicant should submit three passport size photos and an introductory letter from the head of the organization the applicant represents.Application forms for employment and press accreditation can be obtained from a Zambian mission in your country or can be requested from the Department of Immigration. The application should be submitted at the earliest convenience. The Ministry of Home Affairs requires at least 14 working days to process work permits and press cards.
Stated below is what you are required to do;
A. Please send an application letter and Press Accreditation forms to the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (Zambia Information Services) which include the following details.
1. The News Media Organization you work for
2. Your reporting assignment
3. Your subject of interview - if you intend to interview government officials, give the general questions you wish to ask
4. Your contact person in Zambia
5. The dates of your arrival and stay in Zambia
6. A letter from your Editor confirming your reporting assignment
7. Passport details of self and accompanying crew
8. Three (3) recent passport-size photographs
9. One (1) Press Accreditation form for each journalist
B. Send or take with you a list of your photographic and recording equipment (make and serial numbers) for presentation to Customs officials at the Port of Entry.
1. As soon as you arrive in Zambia for your Press Accreditation card, report to:
Fax: 00260 211 251631 ( Attention of the Director)
To help us provide better service to you and other journalists in future, please tell us about your positive and negative experiences in Zambia upon your return. We would appreciate it if copies of your published reports or videotapes be made available to us.